Scholarships for Optics, Photonics, and Imaging Continuing Education Classes
The Center for Emerging and Innovative Sciences at the University of Rochester is pleased to be able to offer scholarships for a series of short courses in optics, photonics, and imaging (OPI). Courses are being offered in 2015 at the University of Rochester and RIT. The scholarships are being made available through a grant from the Employee and Training Administration in the US Department of Labor. Funding for these scholarships is in its final year. The ETA grant is part of a multi-agency grant program that promotes advanced manufacturing jobs creation in regions having strong industrial clusters. The Rochester program is the called the Rochester Regional Optics, Photonics, and Imaging Accelerator, or RRPA for short.
The courses are for:
- Displaced workers who would like to work in one of the OPI industries
- People who have jobs outside of the OPI industries but would like to transition into one of them
- People who currently work in an OPI industry and are interested in furthering their career
What you’ll get from these courses:
- Specialized skills in growing industries
- An opportunity to professionally develop with some of the leading minds in the field
- Certificate of completion
Courses and Scholarships
The scholarships at the University of Rochester are to attend classes at the Institute of Optics Summer School will be offered in summer 2015. Click each course to learn more:
- Optical Thin Film Coating Technology
- Fundamentals of Optics I (with labs)
- Fundamentals of Optics II (with labs)
- Modern Optical Engineering (with labs)
- Opto-Mechanical Analysis (with labs)
- Opto-Mechanical Analysis Lab
- Optical System Design I (with labs)
- Optical System Design II (with labs)
(Please note - the Opto-Mechanical Analysis and Opto-Mechanical Analysis Lab will be considered one scholarship)
Scholarships are available for one remaining course at RIT that was created for the RRPA program. Click below to learn more:
Any questions pertaining this course, please direct to the professor: S. Manian Ramkumar, email@example.com, (585) 475-6081
How to Apply
Download the short application form (both pages must be completed). One scholarship per applicant will be considered.
Fill out the short application form and email it to Devin Sandon, firstname.lastname@example.org.
This workforce solution was funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor's Employment and Training Administration. The solution was created by the grantee and does not necessary reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties, or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to, accuracy of the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability, or ownership. This solution is copyrighted by the institution that created it. Internal use, by an organization and or personal use by an individual for non-commercial purposes, is permissible. All other uses require the prior authorization of the copyright owner.